New Features Added:
- Basic Mode & Advanced Mode are introduced.
- .htaccess related settings provided with appropriate guidance.
- pingdom and google pagespeed test buttons provided.
- Useful articles added as reference for .htaccess understanding.
- WP Speedup plugin banner added.
- WordPress Mechanic avatar added.
- An alert added to JS minification section.
- Guava Pattern added in compatibility list.
A few blog posts added related to .htaccess handling:
- .htaccess at a Glance
- Caching with .htaccess
- htaccess issue on php cgi
- Error Reporting
- More Articles on .htaccess usage
Speed Up Todo list added:
- Turn off pingbacks and trackbacks: Uncheck “Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles”
- JPEG – use for photos
- PNG – use for graphics (or not detailed images)
- GIF – use for simple small graphics or images
- BMP/TIFF – do not use them
- Disable Hotlinking – (Don’t use it unless you really need it.)
- Expires Header
- Cache Control
- Deflate Compression – (Ask your hosting company if mod_deflate installed or not?)
- Gzip Compression
- Ob Gzhandler
- Unset Etag – (Developers Only!)
- Permalink Settings: Update permalinks every time you made changes here
WP SpeedUp > Advanced Mode
WP SpeedUp > Google PageSpeed Insights
WP SpeedUp > Pingdom Website Speed Test
WP SpeedUp > CSS (Enable/Disable)
WP SpeedUp > JS (Enable/Disable)
WP SpeedUp > Images (Delete Option Temp Directories)
WP SpeedUp > Pingdom Website Speed Test (After Image Optimization)
WP SpeedUp > Settings Page > Temp Directories Created
Images Before Optimization